Understanding The Value of Paid Digital Marketing
There are multiple strategies for making sure your customers or clients can find you online. While organic search engine optimization campaigns can be effective, they can also take a significant amount of time to yield results, especially if you’re in a competitive space. Paid digital advertising, on the other hand, can produce immediate results if done correctly.
Here, we’ll discuss what paid digital advertising is, and how you can take advantage of it for your business. If you’re interested in learning more about the world of digital advertising, what it is, and how we succeed in getting results for our clients, call us at (888) 988-6496 or send us a message online.
What Is Paid Digital Advertising?
Paid media, paid social, Google Ads – it all sounds like a lot, and it is. But an experienced marketing agency like Mynt Agency will be able to orchestrate the myriad pieces involved in a paid digital advertising plan to create an integrated campaign that incisively and carefully directs ad dollars.
Find out a bit more about paid media and the strategies we use:
- Paid media: Paid media is a term that encompasses all the forms of paid advertising from social to Google Ads to email ads, and more.
- Paid social: Paid social involves advertising on social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and TikTok.
- Google and Bing ads: Paid search ads are the ones you see at the top of any search engine results page. Earning that top placement requires refining your ads in a few different ways, which we will get into later.
- Remarketing: Remarketing is the ability to send your site’s viewers targeted ads when they’re browsing the internet. The ads will serve as a reminder that your company exists, keeping you at the top of their mind.
Basically, paid digital advertising is anything you pay for that advertises your business or its products on the internet in some form. Each form of paid advertising allows you to use analytics to track conversions and make real-time adjustments if the ads are not converting at a high enough rate.
Many companies are taking advantage of integrated campaigns, meaning they allocate money to radio, TV, print, and digital marketing. By working with an ad agency, you would be able to allocate your advertising dollars using a targeted strategy that matches your company’s goals. Digital media is increasingly becoming more crucial to advertising initiatives. By 2023, it is estimated that digital marketing spend will exceed $145 billion across the country, according to Marketing Dive.
How Paid Search Ads Work and Why You Need Them
“If you’re not first, you’re last” is a sentence often quoted from the comedy Talladega Nights, but it also applies to Google or Bing results. If you are not on the first page of search engine results, chances are that you will not be found. Only about 10 percent of Google users will move on to the second page, and far fewer users advance to the third page. To be successful on Google, you need to be on the first page.
One way to do that is by creating a Google Ads campaign. Your paid search specialist will meet with you to determine the keywords you want to target in your ad campaign and then create ads centered around those keywords. For example, if you want to advertise for “landscaping in Austin, TX,” then we will create paid ads that link to landing pages about your landscaping company in Austin. That landing page needs to be carefully crafted, though, as Google will look at the text on it when ranking your ads with a quality score. That quality score helps determine your ad placement.
If you are a service company providing plumbing, contracting, lawn care, and the like, then your Google ads specialist may suggest adding you to Google Local Services, which gets you even better results. Basically, Google will guarantee your company, which increases a potential client’s trust in your company. You will need to pass a background check and submit other documents to qualify for this.
For Google ads, you will pay per click, which means you only have to pay for the ad when someone clicks and goes to your landing page. If you are on Google Local Services, you pay per phone call – your ad expert can talk with you about this to see if it is a viable option for your company.
Another perk is that Google ads can be targeted to a specific geographic market. You can break them down by geographic location, making the ads more effective in targeting people near you. Without that targeting, you could be wasting money advertising to people nationwide.
How Effective Are Paid Social Ads?
When you run paid social ads, you are able to narrow your targeting even more by putting your ads in front of people with specific interests. Using the same landscaping example, if you are advertising your services on Facebook, you can run your ads to people who live within a 10-mile radius of Austin who have interests in lawns, backyards, HGTV, Lowe’s, and more. This ensures your ad is being seen by people who will definitely be intrigued by what your company is offering. Ads on other social media platforms like Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn can also target key interests and demographics.
The reach of social media ads is undeniable. Millions of people use these platforms every single day. According to Hubspot, in just one month:
- 2.5 billion people (a little over 30 percent of the worldwide population) access Facebook
- 1 billion people use Instagram
- 330 million use Twitter
- 300 million people utilize Pinterest
- 218 million users have a Snapchat account
- 500 million people have rapidly joined TikTok over the past couple of years
Keeping those numbers in mind, it should not come as a shock that advertising costs on social media are expected to exceed $8.5 billion dollars in 2020. You can rapidly expand your reach by putting your ads on social media and engaging with your audience. In this case, engagement is key to the success of your ad. High engagement rates increase the chances of your organic posts being seen by more people, as well.
A social media advertising specialist will work with you to decide which platforms may be the most effective ones for your business. Keep in mind, Facebook is a generally older crowd, whereas younger millennials and Gen-Z have migrated to Instagram, TikTok, and Snapchat, so it may benefit you to create targeted advertisements that appeal to each crowd.
The Overall Benefits of Paid Digital Marketing
Now that you know a bit more about paid digital marketing, take a look at the overall benefits of this form of advertising:
- It provides a solid return on investment. As soon as the ads are up and running, you are immediately reaching potential customers and bringing people to your website. Our team delivers exponential growth, and clients have seen a 500 percent increase in search traffic within the first 90 days.
- Easily remarket to an audience of former website visitors. You are able to track who visited your website and then target them with remarketing ads, usually over a period of six months or so. This keeps them interested in your business and reminds them to go back to your website.
- Easily perform A/B testing. A/B testing means that you can create two different versions of an ad to see which one is more effective, and then use that one to get maximum results from your advertising.
- Choose your budget. You can adjust your budget as you go. Find that you are spending too much on an ineffective Google Ad? Reallocate the money to a Facebook ad that is performing well and increase its reach.
- See which keywords perform the best. It is easy to look at real-time ad results to see which keywords may be performing better than others and change others around to alter the ad’s effectiveness.
- Reach international customers, too. At our agency, we can write ads in English, Spanish, Russian, and Chinese if you are looking to reach an international market.
Looking for Guidance on Your Paid Digital Marketing Campaigns? We Can Help.
At Mynt Agency, our advertising and marketing experts have decades of experience improving ROI for clients. We work with companies across the country to help them coordinate their paid digital marketing campaigns and maximize their ad spending. We will always give you an honest, upfront assessment of your campaign and your spending. We don’t just run campaigns, we analyze and optimize them at every turn to take them where they need to go.
See for yourself why we have so many happy clients. Call us today at (888) 988-6496 to set up a free consultation with our team, so we can start developing your digital marketing strategy.